VTA Online Certificate – 2017 Update
You can provide students the ability to launch a completion certificate when they have completed all required Lessons of a course. This is nothing new in VTA – that ability has been around for years. In 2012, we updated the program to add Credit Hours to the field list and provide instructions and templates to make the process easier for users.
Since VTA 8.0 got such a great makeover, we decided to spruce up the Online Certificate program, its instructions and templates.
What’s New in 2017
The updated Online Certificate application will pull the following fields for display on certificates:
- Student Full Name
- Student First Name
- Student Last Name
- Student ID
- Student Learner ID
- Student Badge Number
- Student Site Code
- Student Site Name
- Student Department
- Course Title
- Full Course Code
- Student Completion Date
- History Class Session Credit Hours
- History Class Session Instructor Name
- History Class Session Record ID
- History Class Session Hours Breakdown 1 (first record is pulled)
- History Class Session Hours Breakdown 2 (second record is pulled)
- History Class Session Start Date
- History Class Session End Date
- History Class Session Classroom
- History Class Session Classroom Location
In addition to the added fields, another major change is the ability to directly download a PDF (instead of opening a web page for printing).
If your certificate file is posted to a secure (https) location, your students will see Download buttons and the file will be generated as a PDF.
Instructions and Templates
There are other ways to associate or generate a completion certificate in VTA. For example:
- A modified Attendance Report can create a certificate for each student.
- You can scan hard-copies and associate them as Roster Documents so students, supervisors and instructors can access them in Learner.
Using the VTA Online Certificate program is still the easiest method to get a completion certificate into your students’ hands so we hope the 2017 updates help make that easier for you.