xAPI Live! Workshop – Experience it
Date/TimeDate(s) - 04/27/2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
LocationMicrosoft Technology Center
Join us for the xAPI Live! event
Tasked with performance improvement and proving that your training contributes to achieving your organization’s business goals? Responsible for improving and/or updating training but unsure of what to change? Need to implement mobile learning but find you can’t with SCORM? The Experience API or xAPI, also known as Tin Can API, is the answer!
xAPI is no longer just a buzzword. There are real-life cases where xAPI has had a positive impact on performance.
- Who should attend? L&D professionals who plan, organize, and/or implement learning and training for their organization’s employees.
- Why should you be excited about xAPI? We finally have a data model to track all types of training.
- Why is this important to your learning & development or training program? You can collect and analyze data to improve and/or update training content, which in turns improves performance.
- Will improved performance affect and help achieve your company’s business goals? Yes.
Experience a day of learning about xAPI: what it is; how it works; why it’s needed; use cases and examples. You’ll walk away with a better understanding of xAPI, how to plan your learning data strategy incorporating xAPI, and how to implement it. Sessions will be led by top xAPI thought leaders and practitioners.
Why should you care about xAPI?
With xAPI you can answer these questions and more:
- What path do high performing students take through the training?
- Are there parts of your training content that have very few student interactions?
- Is there a better option than SCORM for mobile training?
- How can I track simulations, gaming and social learning?
- What is xAPI and why do you need it?
- xAPI in action: Use cases
- Low cost ways of getting started with xAPI
- State of authoring tools
- Developing a business case for xAPI
- Using xAPI to evaluate training materials
Continental breakfast, lunch, and beverages will be provided.
Brian Dusablon – Learning Ninjas
Sean Putman – Learning Ninjas
Aaron Silvers – DISC
Megan Torrance – Torrance Learning
Art Werkenthin – RISC, Inc
Duncan Welder – RISC, Inc
Event registration is only $150 and space is limited!